Friday, August 6, 2010

T-minus 20 days. Holy cow.

We've passed the three week mark now. It was yesterday. Not today, not tomorrow, not in a week, yesterday. Time is flying by, and I seem to be struggling with keeping tabs on it. Nonetheless, I am getting more excited by the minute; at this rate, by the time I get there I will have exploded with excitement, so that's nice.

Some updates? I think so.
1. I still haven't even thought about packing from a packing standpoint. I've only thought about packing from a this-is-not-going-to-go-well-so-maybe-I'll-keep-avoiding-it-for-as-long-as-I-can standpoint. BUT, I did buy a suitcase yesterday. It's a step in the right direction, right?
2. My 75-300 mm lens for my new camera came in the mail while I was out of town last weekend, and I came home to find it sitting on my bed looking all shiny and new and pleading to be used. I love it. I think I will try to find an appropriate name for my camera soon. Hmmm...
3. My ebbing Italian skills may have gone on vacation. Or they are playing hide and seek when I am clearly in no state to play with them. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Uh-oh.
4. MOMMA KNOWS HOW TO USE SKYPE! I was sitting in my room the other day and, SURPRISE!! Momma called me on Skype! I'm so proud of her :)
5. The not spending thing is a struggle...I went on a shopping marathon yesterday, starting with the suitcase and ending with one of everything in Gap. Whoops. But, in my defense, I did need some new outfits and some new basics and a new pair of jeans and two new scarves and some new flip-flops and some new flats and a new nightgown and...well let's just say it got a little out of control. I have no willpower. But I put a freeze on my bank account so that should do the trick. I hope. haha
6. We've already discussed the excitement part of this trip. It's going very well.
7. Chicago is full of friends...we're staying with Momma's college buddy, so I can check hotel reservations off the to do list.

And there you have it. You are officially updated. Now today, I need to finish reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (for those of you who do not know, I am nauseatingly obsessed with Harry Potter. It's becoming quite an issue...), go to work and make some money to spend in ITALY (did I mention that I am going to ITALY in 20 DAYS??!?!?!!?!!!?!?), and lay out on my back deck so I can be tan and gorgeous when I get to ITALY. Tomorrow is my cousin's wedding, so maybe I should get him and Carly a card too. Hmmm...I'll think about it. Until next time...

Arrivederci mia bella amici!

No comments:

Post a Comment