Monday, August 30, 2010

Giorno Due! Yesss!

So I woke up this morning and I was still here.

This is still so surreal. And wonderful. And yes, I am still absolutely enamored with this place. So all's well.

Last night we went out to some sweet, but pretty sketchy club called Space Electronica. Basically it was American college students and then desperate Italian boys. It was very much like a middle school dance: three or four girls dancing in the middle of ten or twelve Italian boys. Very classy. But it was so fun. We had a blast. We went to bed ridiculously late (around 4:30) after talking when we got back. Then we woke up to a brigade of people standing outside our door knocking at 10:30. It was fab. Kind of. After a brief trip to the grocery store to buy some fruit for "breakfast" (at 11:30), we came back and promptly returned to our beds where we slept off our late night and possibly some lingering jet lag.

Today was the first day that everyone in the program was all together. I love the people. There's a lot of strong personalities, which should make for an interesting, but entertaining group. I can't wait to see where this semester takes us all. Jodi, our director here in Florence is amazing. I just want to hang out with her all day. She's lived in Florence since 1972 and has a wealth of information. She's wonderful.

We went out to dinner and I had my first Italian pizza! First impression: an individual pizza here is way too big for a single individual to eat. It was enormous. Everything here seems to be very big. Anyways, it was delicious pizza, which is not at all surprising to me. However, I have heard that the best pizza exists in Naples and south of Naples, so I will have to check that out at some point and compare.

For now, I am going to bed. It's quarter after one in the morning and Italian class starts at 9:00 AM tomorrow...

...ready...set...GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment